Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tints of Coral Pink & Carmine

I've wanted to share my pictures of spring flowers for ages; I've been saving them up, hoping to capture the delicate beauties as well as I could. Some are a little shaky, some are overexposed...but I hope you'll enjoy these photos of spring colors as much as I did!

They remind me of bacteriophages...
Is it just me, or do these azalea buds look like heads of bacteriophages? Maybe I've been studying biology too much...haha. Tell me if you agree with me! (See a diagram of a bacteriophage here!)

The shade of green - somewhere 
between citron and avocado?



By the school gallery - blushes of pastel magenta 



I adore these flowers - but I can't help but think
of feather dusters whenever I see them. :S
Upside-down lanterns smiling down at me :) 












These are same flowers mentioned in an older post! Their petals became a gorgeous plum^^ Their name is simply "viola", belonging to the Violaceae family. They're called 제비꽃 (pronunciation: "Jebi-ggot"; literal translation: "Barn swallow flowers") in Korean because they are known to bloom when barn swallows come back from their migration in the winter.





Please leave comments below if you know the name of other flowers in this post! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment